I didn’t have much to write today. I wanted to write something to spot light National Suicide Prevention Week but I think I’m coming down with something so my brain isn’t really working. So I decided to pull out of my writing prompt hat: Write 30 Interesting Facts About Yourself. First of all, this was a bad idea. I threw the paper back in, shook the jar, drew again, and it was the same one. So, in an effort to save energy and because I need to actually post something today, here I am.
This is actually harder than you think, y’all. I can write 30 facts about me all day. But, 30 INTERESTING facts!? I challenge you to try it. You might be pleasantly surprised. Or, like in my case, smack yourself because for as long as you could think the only fact you could think of was that you’re 32 years old…and you’re actually not. Also, define interesting…
- Being from Hawaii, when asked how many siblings do I have, I include my hanai siblings too because they’re just as much my brothers and sisters as the real deals.
- I’m a left hander that does everything left handed except playing an ukulele.
- My halo has horns on it.
- I once stiff armed the high school quarterback during flag football in PE class and scored a touchdown making him the embarrassment for the rest of class.
- I once tore my pectoral muscle by walking into a door frame.
- I staple my fingers at least twice a week.
- I broke my toe once playing soccer because I refused to wear shoes.
- I’m clumsy as heck.
- I love to sing but I’m horrible at it.
- I’m not actually 32. (Okay, this isn’t as easy as y’all would think so ya I’m using this.)
- I’m a Packers fan which means I bleed green and gold.
- Food makes me do the happy dance whether I am hangry, hungry, or not.
- (Hot damn this is hard!) My favorite phrase apparently is “Hot Damn!”
- I love to write…obviously since this is my blog. (Yes, Manang, I used it.)
- I nickname everything. Literally everything. Inanimate objects too.
- I love to work with Excel.
- I want to own a pot belly pig. And a monkey. A squirrel. A water baxter. An elephant. And a giraffe. (Ya, I know, such dreams.)
- I love Pinterest. Like, close to unhealthy. It’s my world wide web.
- I fully believe in Apple products and am 100% stubborn enough to tell you to go suck a lemon if you try to sway me otherwise – even if you could deduce that Apple may not be the best and greatest out there.
- I had an instragram and twitter account for years but never used it because it was only created for a job application.
- I just did the happy dance, threw a blueberry in the air and caught it in my mouth because I realized I’m 9 away from 30. Yes, I know, I’m weird.
- I unbashfully love musicals and will sing them to the top of my lungs when I’m home. (My poor, poor neighbors.)
- Even around the people I’m most comfortable with I’m usually quiet. (This does not include my husband, I tend to not know how to shut up with him).
- The best gift someone could give me is in the form of a book – it’ll make me the happiest. Unless you give me food. Then that always trumps my books.
- My poems have been published in three different books.
- I rarely take by myself selfies. But, I’m happy to do a selfie with other people.
- I start listening to Christmas music in September. (So, ya, I’m listening to Christmas music now.)
- I absolutely cannot do clowns, Freddy Krueger, lizards and roaches. (For serious, if you know what is good for you keep those things away from me.)
- I may not like to swim much but being near a body of water is one of the best self cares for me.
- I took three hours to figure out 30 facts.
Thanks for letting me fill space. I know it isn’t very motivational. Heck, who am I kidding, it isn’t motivational for y’all at all. But, honestly, it forced me to take action. And sometimes, when someone is struggling with suicide (no I’m not, I’m just saying) remembering the little things helps. Remembering they have something going for them helps. Remembering they have a story helps. Remembering they matter helps. You don’t have to understand. Just be there with and for them. xoxo
Leave a Reply