Things are a little difficult right now. I feel like I should have been a little more prepared with this 30 day blog blast. I have a bunch of scheduled posts, but everything seems so crazy hectic right now. It’s probably because it is a busy month. I looked at my calendar and I don’t have a single weekend day that isn’t already booked. Not to mention every Wednesday and Friday too. My body trembles in anticipation of reaching my goals. It also trembles in anxiety of failing.
These last few weeks I’ve not slept much because the awful asthmatic symptoms that won’t leave me alone. It doesn’t help that my GERD seems to hate me. My dog Buster is feeling the effects of all the changes. And the winter weather just won’t let up. I need a break, like a real break but none is in sight. So instead, I have to remember that the busyness of February isn’t just busy work. It is me filling my life with adventures to one day be able to tell the stories that unfolded. This means spending extra time in prayer and focusing on the positive.
While I continue to fight to keep my mind focused on the good here are a few things I need to keep bulleted a long the way. Things that will help me get through this month…
- Kids make life the best kind of busy. Per usual my Wednesdays are set with mPact. And I wouldn’t change it for the world. I just have to remember that even when I’m tired, the short adventures in class make all the difference. And as someone reminded me just last night, some sacrifices are worth making.
- All great changes are preceded by chaos. President Lincoln abolished slavery through the Civil War. The Pats were down by 25 with a little over a quarter left in the game. It’s how you look at things. I may be standing in the middle of a tornado, but by the grace of God this is all going to work out.
- Either you run the day or the day runs you. If you keep saying your day is miserable, guess what? It is. But, only because your thoughts are producing that kind of negativity. Ya, so something or things have gone wrong. You still got time to spin it. So what are you waiting for? GO SPIN IT!
- Don’t forget to practice self-care. I get it, you’ve said you’re busy. But, you also need to remember that you’re human. Don’t drive yourself to the ground. Take an hour or two here and there to take care of you. No foul there. I promise. I’ve been learning with the company I’ve been keeping that self-care is pretty darn important.
- Surround yourself with the dreamers and doers. The most important thing to do when you are trying to stay focused and positive is to align yourself with those who are doing the same. Don’t let a bad apple ruin the bunch. You are who you hang around with. I’m glad I’ve surrounded myself with people who believe in me, come into agreement in prayer with me, and accept all of this crazy.
That list is basically my don’t be a b because you have no time list. What do you do when you’re feeling too busy? It is already one week into February. What are you doing to be the best version of you?
This month is busy because I’ve taken the steps necessary to reach for my dreams. Is it hard? Heck yes. Is it worth it? Damn straight. Writing. Training. Teaching. Practice. There is so much to do but I know all the hard work will be well worth it in the end. It will definitely be so worth the wait. xoxo