Give me coffee or give me death!
Ok, maybe that isn’t at all what Patrick Henry intended in his convention speech but it seemed fitting considering this is Monday. I love my job but on Mondays as I travel with the heavy traffic into Portland Metro I love for the sanctuary of my home. I got lucky today as the new freeway exit has been up for a few days and it makes the travel onto the freeway quicker and less of a headache. There was also no traffic today which is odd but I’ll take it.
How has your Monday been?
I’m still in need of coffee. I have hit the half way point of my work day and the lack of sleep this weekend is catching up on me. I’ve been productive but four shots in my macciato will get the buzz I need to push through my next four hours. I needed something funny or amusing or life altering (well not really since that requires my brain to actually work) that would get me through the day. Side note: Curley this is when I need you. You were my silver linings friend and now I can’t just drop a line on chat!
- I swear it was Friday like five minutes ago. – Ok, I may know this is not at all the silver lining-ish thing we are looking for but beggars can’t be choosers. This is how I have felt a few minutes here and there today. Just work with me it gets better.
- When life gives you Monday, dip it in glitter and let it sparkle all day. – I only like this one because of (key the rolling eyes of all my friends in three…two…one…) Edward. Hi, my name is Pearl and I am a vampire enthusiast. Edward sparkles in the sun. Let me just enjoy the diamand effect ok?
- Dear Monday, my mama don’t like you and she likes everyone. – Have I also said I’m a closet Beleiber? Well, sorta. His new music I am enjoying and some of his pre-puberty stuff was catching enough that though it was lyrics I couldn’t relate to it helped me on my day. Baby, baby, baby ooooh…let me listen to the Beibs ok?
- Mondays are for fresh starts. – Probably my actual only hurrah for you to motivate you through the day. Don’t let your mind wander to what happened before today. Everyone deserves another chance. Another way to learn and be better. Another fresh start. Here is your fresh start.
- I like big cups and I cannot lie. – I vowed I needed a break from my nephews because I’m just so darn tired. But, I miss them and this makes me miss them to pieces. I can here my Spider Monkey (or is it Flash today?) singing I like big butts and I nana na nananana nana na. One day my baby, Aunty will teach you the actual words to the song and perhaps teach you how to twerk.
Whatever is in store for you today, be a boss, do a little dance and smile away the negativity that surrounds you. Drink some (or a lot of) coffee and work it.
Hope your Monday is swift and pain free! xoxo